Administering The Estate Of A Loved One

The passing of a loved one can be an extremely stressful period. You don't want the burden of any legal issues that can arise when administering an estate getting in the way of moving forward.

At Ryder-Burbidge Hurley Foster, our lawyers have over 45 years of experience assisting clients with estate issues of a loved one. Based in Kingston, Ontario, we provide legal services to aid estate trustees with their duties, and help families proceed if a loved one passed intestate (without a will).

Certificate Of Appointment Of Estate Trustee

In order to administer an estate, the first step is to validate the will. This is generally known as "probating a will". Our firm will guide you through following certain procedures and submitting specific documents as necessary.

Not every situation will require probate, and we will advise you on what options you have when validating a will.

Assisting Estate Trustees

An estate trustee is someone who has been appointed by the deceased to administer his or her estate. This means taking care of their interests, paying off debts and liabilities, and bequeathing property and assets to beneficiaries.

Often, people often don't realize how much work is involved in acting as an estate trustee. At Ryder-Burbidge Hurley Foster, our goal is to alleviate the complications and legal issues that you may encounter. We can clearly outline what is expected of you and what functions you need to perform, and assist with these duties as well as intervene when legal disputes arise.

Reduce Your Stress. Call Our Legal Team Today.

Find out how we can help you administer the estate of a loved one. Call 1-866-352-0102 or arrange a meeting by sending us an email.