Legal Guidance For Family Law Issues

Making the decision to separate or divorce your partner can be difficult. You need to consider where you will live, how you will divide your assets and make arrangements for children involved.

Based in Kingston, Ontario, the lawyers of Ryder-Burbidge Hurley Foster provide a wide range of legal services to help you find a solution to any domestic disputes that arise during your separation or divorce.

Spousal Support Payments

The most common questions surrounding spousal support payments are:

  • How long will the payments last?
  • How much will the payments be?
  • How do I amend the payments if our situation changes?

At Ryder-Burbidge Hurley Foster, we sit down and talk to you about how the law applies to your situation. Whether you are the payee or the payor, our goal is to make sure support payments suit your financial situation and protect your lifestyle.

Child Support And Child Custody

Ontario legislation ensures that a child's interests are always paramount in any separation or divorce proceeding. At Ryder-Burbidge Hurley Foster, our goal is to help couples maintain a stable environment for their child. We effectively negotiate issues of custody, access, parenting plans, child support payments and other issues of care that may arise.

Marriage And Cohabitation Agreements

These contracts act as a way to help reduce the stress of separation by allowing you to divide most of your assets yourself. The idea is that if both of you can agree to your own terms, you are more likely to abide by them.

Our lawyers provide legal assistance with drafting an effective marriage or cohabitation agreements. We want to make sure the agreement makes sense for you and your partner, and that your rights are properly protected.

Contact Our Firm

Schedule a consultation with our office and find out how we can help. Call 1-866-352-0102 or send us an email.