From Government of Canada Website
(Canada launches pathway to reunite families and support Ukrainians – Canada.ca)
July 15, 2023—Ottawa
- Launched on March 17, 2022, the CUAET provided Ukrainians and their immediate family members of any nationality the opportunity to stay in Canada as temporary residents for up to three years.
- Ukrainians and their family members had until July 15, 2023, to apply overseas for a CUAET visa free of charge. We will continue to process applications received before the deadline.
- Anyone holding a CUAET visa will have until March 31, 2024, to travel to Canada under the special measures. CUAET holders who are already here in Canada will have until March 31, 2024, to extend or adjust their temporary status through these measures, free of charge.
- As of July 16, 2023, Ukrainians who apply to come to Canada through existing temporary resident programs will be subject to fees and standard requirements.
- The new pathway to permanent residence requires no financial undertaking and families will have until October 22, 2024, to submit an application. More detailed information, including how to submit an application, will be made available closer to the launch of the program.
- This pathway will not have an impact on the number of spaces available through the Parents and Grandparents Program. Ukrainians accepted under this pathway are in addition to any family members who come to Canada through this program.
“As we continue to witness the devastating impact of Putin’s illegal invasion, we stand resolute in our condemnation of this senseless violence. We continue to extend unwavering support and a lifeline to families separated by this conflict, including through this family reunification pathway that will help Ukrainian families stay together as they rebuild their lives in their new communities in Canada. This continued support builds on our steadfast commitment to help Ukrainians find a safe haven and provide them with the assistance they need.”
– The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
RBHF Is Here to Help Our Ukrainian Friends and Their Families
Contact RBHF Professional Corporation for Assistance. We provide a special discount to clients from Ukraine and have Ukrainian staff to assist.
We are dedicated to helping people achieve their Canadian immigration goals. We assist in areas including skilled worker and business immigration, family sponsorship, work permits, study permits, citizenship, and inadmissibility. Please reach out for assistance. We’re happy to help.